100 Things About Me

Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy 100th Blog Post to Me! I like the idea of sharing 100 Things About Me to celebrate. However, I didn't realize how hard it would be. 100 is a lot. Below is what I have so far, in no particular order. I'll update as I think of more things.

1) When I was in Middle School, I was a major headbanger and groupie. I met tons of bands, while I camped out before and after the show.

2) I've never had a bikini wax.

3) Both of my kids were 8lbs, 2oz and 20 inches long.

4) I love chocolate and peanuts. Just not together.

5) I love storms. Thunderstorms, Tornado's, Hurricanes. When Hurricane Isabel blew through in 2003, I was outside in the dark listening to trees break in half and the wind howling. I would love to be a storm chaser.

6) My first CD was Pearl Jam's TEN.

7) My Dad wanted to name me Sunshine.

8) I can't draw a straight line using a ruler.

9) My favorite is color is purple.

10) I have always wanted to write an Auto-Biography about my childhood.

11) My God-Father used to have a clothing store in Washington DC named after me.

12) I don't like shopping.

13) Telling my friends and family I was gay was scary. I received nothing but love and support. Plus a lot of "we thought so" comments. It was liberating.

14) Deciding to move out of our family home, leave my Husband and finally live my life true to myself was a very hard decision. I don't regret it one bit.

15) I went Skydiving in may 2006.

16) I got my first tattoo when I was 16. All my friends were doing it. I only had $50 and ended up with a four leaf clover on my right shoulder. My mom signed the "Permission Slip" and we hid it from my dad for months!

17) I will never go to Aruba because of what happened to Natalee Holloway and how it was handled by the Arubian government.

18) When I was a Senior in High School, my friends and I went to Myrtle Beach. We all got our Belly Button's pierced. I was the last one to go and picked a piercing that was way to big. It made my shirt poke out. I looked ridiculous! When I came home, I went to the local tattoo shop and had it replaced. Then it got infected and I had to take it out.

19) I had my nose pierced for about 2 weeks when it fell down the sink while I was brushing my teeth.

20) I used to have a cat. His name was Puppy.

21) I was a New Kids on The Block fan. Joe was my favorite.

22) I'm a night owl.

23) A few days after my son was born, I ate an entire bag of Oreo's in one day.

24) I was in labor for 2 days with my son. My OB wanted to do a C-section because he was a big baby but my grandmother said no. After an episiotomy, forceps and vacuum extraction, the little bugger finally came out. Wish I had opted for the C-section.

25) I wrote and illustrated a book about Halloween when I was in Elementary School. My teacher had the book bound and put into the library for other students to check out.

26) I have had two poems published and they can be found in The Library of Congress.

27) I loved school until I hit 6th grade.

28) In 1990, I accidentally leaned over a candle and my nightgown caught on fire. I was 13 and home alone. I have a 2nd and 3rd degree burns on the right side of my body. This is why you'll never see me in a sleeveless shirt.

29) I wanted to go to college at Seton Hall in NJ. I applied and was denied.

30) My dad said he would pay for college if I picked from a handful of Historically Black colleges. I picked Bethune-Cookman because it was located in Daytona Beach, FL. Location was the only positive about the school.

31) I only completed one year of college. I want to go back, or take classes online or whatever. I need to set an example for my kids.

32) Going to a Black college was an eye-opener for me as I didn't have any black friends growing up.

33) Once I "went" black, I never went back.

34) My favorite thing to drink is water.

35) I love that I have really pretty natural nails.

36) I was a stay at home mom for 4 years. I wasn't officially diagnosed but I'm sure I went insane.

37) I lack discipline.

38) My dad passed away in 2002 when I was pregnant with The Princess. I miss him every single day and still have not grieved his death. It's too painful.

39) I had my kids when I was 20 and 25. A baby having babies.

40) On the flip side I'll be a spring chicken when The Princess goes to college.

41) I don't want my kids to grow up, go to college and leave me.

42) I used to be really cool. Or maybe I still am and just don't know it.

43) Fall is my favorite season.

44) Panda Bears are my favorite animal. I will collect anything with a cute Panda on it.

45) I never had a weight problem until I had children.

46) I used to have 4 pack abs! I was working on the 6 pack.

47) I don't know how to swim.

48) In 2005 I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism. I had so many blood clots in my lungs, the doctors couldn't count them all. My doctor told me if I hadn't gone to the ER that night, I would have died. I spent a week in the hospital, the next few months having injections of blood thinners and over a year taking the blood thinners orally.

49) During my Freshman year of college, I refused to stand in front of my classmates and sing, "Guantanamera". This was our final exam. I failed.

50) I have never been inside a Limousine.

51) I played field hockey in High School.

To be continued....


chantelligence.com

Comments

One response to “100 Things About Me”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

I <3 this.

1. Bikini waxes are PAINFUL (we have a love/hate relationship)

2. My sister went from mostly white schools to a HBCU. It was DEFINITELY a different world

3. I am amazed you got even halfway to 100 things, I only got to like 20 or so....LOL

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger