Derailed

Thursday, June 10, 2010

This week I started the 30 Day Shred. I've seen friends on Twitter lose weight and inches in just 30 days using this program. It's under $10 at Target so I thought I'd give it a try.

Monday and Tuesday I struggled. To breathe, to get up off the floor after push-ups or ab work. I wanted to quit. Mind you the workout from start to finish is about 25 minutes.

I preserved and on Wednesday I was able to do jumping jacks for 30 seconds without stopping and my legs didn't feel like lead! It was working. I felt much better after doing the workout. Mentally and Physically.

Then tonight when I was leaving work, I dropped my sunglasses under my desk. I bent down to grab them and I pulled a muscle. In my ass! It hurts so bad. I'm limping around, looking pathetic with an ice pack on my bum.

I got upset that I wouldn't be able to shred tonight. I actually wanted to do it. I couldn't believe the change in my mindset in only a few days. After tweeting with some wise friends on Twitter, I decided to rest and see how I feel on Friday.

It feels like whenever I start to do something good for myself, something negative happens. Whether this actually happens, it's my perception. Usually it gets me so down that I binge on food, or drink enough wine for a dinner party. Tonight I decided to let it go. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm going to rest my bum and jump right back in tomorrow night.

Changing my attitude about set backs is a major step in the right direction for me. Most of my "issues" are in my head. If I can change my thinking and how I feel about myself, this weight will fall off. I'm excited!!

chantelligence.com

Comments

No response to “Derailed”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger