Just one of those days....

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm tired, really really tired. I hate being tired because everything good about the world seems like crap. Dark, dirty, dingy crap. I've been on the move since last Friday. Work, kids, football practice/games, neighborhood parties and all the other stuff that comes along with being me.

I'm 31, mother of two kids and I act like I'm 17 again, partying with my friend's band (yep, I was the Manager & Promoter) and missing curfew but sleeping in the car with my best friend in front of the house waiting until it was safe to sneak in. Yes, those were the good ole days & fun times.

It's not so easy now. My close friends have kids that are best friends with my kids. We are both Pinot Grigio connoisseurs. I go and go until I crash. The recovery is torture. I'm a hot mess for the next two weeks. There have been studies conducted that conclude driving while sleepy can be worse than driving while intoxicated. I haven't read those studies myself but I can tell you that being Chantel while sleepy is hell. I arrive at work and drink 5x my normal amount of coffee with no effect. I still remember to take my Vitamins including that b-12 with NO EFFECT. I'm tired. My body is trying to tell me that I'm not 17 again but I protest.

All this to say that I have a bunch of things I want to blog about. I just don't have the energy. I realize I don't have to hang out every night, it's a choice. And I don't do it day after day and week after week but damn, when I get started....it's all or nothing.




chantelligence.com

Comments

No response to “Just one of those days....”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger