Haiti

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I was all set to finish writing a post I began on Monday and hit publish. Doesn't seem as important now...

I just viewed a slideshow of pictures from The Washington Post, showing the aftermath of the 7.0 Earthquake that shook Haiti on Tuesday.

The images are graphic, gruesome, unbelievable and sad. So many wounded, so many children hurt and dead. As a mom, a hurt child always tugs at my heart and I picture my babies.

After viewing this slideshow, I was in tears. It's so easy to feel helpless and hopeless at times like this. I then clicked on another link that gave me hope. The Humanitarian response made the hairs stand up on my arm. Venezuela, Taiwan, France, England, China, the USA and more countries are making their way to Haiti. It makes me proud to be an American. Even more so proud to be alive.

The CEO of my current company just announced that they will match dollar for dollar any employees contribution to an approved 501 (c) (3) organization up to $500.00. Goosebumps!!

Please visit http://www.redcross.org/ to find out how you can help. Every dollar counts!
chantelligence.com

Comments

No response to “Haiti”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger