Time Out

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm sitting at Barnes & Noble. I've secured a small table next to an outlet to plug in my laptop. I haven't had internet access at home for a week. The first thing I wanted to do was play Farmville and Cafe World on Facebook. I logged in and the thought occured to me that I really didn't want to do this. The games are fun but they also drain my time. Time is something we can't get back once its gone.

I've decided that I'm putting myself in time out. I need a break. A break from Twitter, Facebook and the Interwebs. Not too say that I won't update my status from my Blackberry. I do realize I have an addiction to Social Media. I can't just go all cold turkey. I love my friends that live in my computer.

This past week has been rough me. I've found that I am spending entirely too much time involved in everyone's else life and not focusing my time and energy on MY family. I've felt defeated by the circumstances in my life right now. I'm a master in the art of avoidance. In avoiding all the negative stuff and turning my attention towards my online life...I'm missing an opportunity to make changes. There aren't enough fingers on my hands to count the number of positive changes I can make.

So I'm in time out. I'm going to do my best to stay away. To refocus my energy into things that are tangible. Instead of playing Farmville, I can play Uno with my kids. We can read books and do Mad Libs. In my avoidance of all the bullshit I've been avoiding my children. And that makes me unbelievably sad. I'm going to get my fat ass off the sofa and interact. In real life.

chantelligence.com

Comments

4 Responses to “Time Out”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Your right. Everyone should take a break now and then.

I get this. Fully. I've done it before myself. Just know, even though I just started reading here, I'll come back when you do. Take as much time as you need. Just know we're here waiting for your return.

Hugs. I hope life starts improving really soon.

I have avoided drowning my life out with social outlets. I just haven't let myself do that. Don't freak...but I've never even texted..not once! I know..I'm "different"! Lol Have a good time on your break and with your kids..oh, yah..and make a positive change to be nicer to yourself and not call yourself a fat ass :)

Thanks Delisha. You are so true :)

Issa - Loves you! Glad you are reading my little bloggy blog. I appreciate your support more than you know.

Rose - WHAT?!?! You have never texted before? Wow, I don't even know what that is like. Sometimes I prefer texting to talking on the phone. You're also not on Twitter which is good for you. It's a life sucker. lol

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger