Twilight Polo at Green Meadows

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I refused to miss out on Twilight Polo at Green Meadows after I won free box seats. I procrastinated until mid-week to ask beg people to come with me.

The drive out to The Plains, Virginia was looooooong! Dave Matthews Band was playing at Nissan Pavilion so traffic was a bitch. We were late. I'm always late. Well usually. Sometimes. Ok 90% of the time.

My friends who were able to make it were there waiting. I felt like shit. We unloaded the wine. My new friend Ellen of Equinox Restaurant stopped by Market Salamander and picked up food. We had a pretty nice spread.



When I noticed our box seats were reserved under my name, I felt special. It doesn't take much.



The first Polo Match had already started. I tried to pay attention but I was so busy socializing, looking around, taking pictures that I wasn't really focused. Our seats were so amazing! Polo at Great Meadows is played on dirt instead of grass which equals fast paced Polo. We got hit by dirt and pebbles countless times.









Once it got dark the bugs came out. And I don't mean out of the closet. Great Meadows is in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by trees, farms and all that outdoor junk. I don't know what kind of bugs they were but they were everywhere. They landed on our clothes, in our hair, on our table, food and wine. I screamed like a girl. I wasn't the only one. I looked up at the lights that illuminated the field and saw this.



I wanted to leave immediately. I am not and have never been an outside type of person. I don't like to sweat. I don't like bugs. I don't like the humidity. It's not my thing. I decided to stick it out because I was the Host.

I refilled my wine glass and made the best of it. I had a great time with my friends.







I'm very thankful that Mr. Baileywyck offered up his seats while he was on vacation. Mr. Baileywyck owns Baileywyck Shoppes in Middleburg, Virginia. If you are ever in the area and you love Antiques make sure to check them out.

*All photo's taken by Nakeva Photography of Nightlife PR. All rights reserved.

Comments

No response to “Twilight Polo at Green Meadows”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger