My Official BlogHer Post

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

As with most things I'm a day late and a dollar short but alas here is my BlogHer post.

At 8:30 Thursday morning, my Love and I will be boarding the Bolt Bus from DC to New York. I am so thankful for the every hour bus service to New York. Driving in the city should really be left in the capable hands on the cab drivers.

As you can see, I don't blog very often. It's really a shame too because I have a lot of things I want to say. I just haven't dug deep enough to find the courage. I joined Twitter before I created this blog. I couldn't express myself in 140 characters. I found myself tweeting 5-6 times ending each tweet with (cont'd). Now that I have my blog, I spend more time on Twitter. I'm hoping the BlogHer conference (my first) will re-ignite the spark inside of me. I used to write all the time. I definitely miss it.

In my world Twitter and Blogging go together. Which is perfect because you don't have to have a blog to attend the BlogHer Conference. Or you can be like me and have a blog and post a few times a month.

I'm going to New York to meet in person my friends who live in my computer. It's a few days, in a great city to connect in person with women who have become my closest friends over the past year. I am beyond excited! For some in my circle, this will be our first BlogHer conference. For some friends it will be there first time in New York. It's going to be a big giant love fest filled with hugs, kisses, screaming, squealing and I can not wait!

Before we meet in person here are a few things you should know about me:

* I always choose comfort over beauty. During the day I'll be in capri's, a t-shirt and tennis shoes exploring the city.

* At night for the parties I'll be the one not wearing a dress or skirt. I can dress up jeans or capri's like nobody's business. I'll even throw on some jewelry and makeup.

* I work in the Financial Industry. A lot of my clients are in NY and I have this urge to just show up and visit them. As myself of course. If you're out with me and we pass certain companies, I'll most likely mention the hell they give me at my job. Feel free to remind me I'm on vacay and to shut up!

* When I see you, I'll probably call you by your Twitter name. I'll know your real name but it will escape me. Please don't be offended.

* My only fear is that no one will have any clue who the hell I am. Even my friends. It's me, Chantel. Please recognize me.

I'm not concerned about private parties, swag or drama. My goal is to explore the city, meet my girls, make new friends, laugh, smile and just be me.

See you there!

chantelligence.com

Comments

2 Responses to “My Official BlogHer Post”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Have a great time, Chantel! It sounds like so much fun.

From my fuzzy drunken memory, you looked pretty darn good at the cheezeburger party. Nice meeting you even though for 5 seconds. Sorry if you have been scared shitless by crazy woman tweeting from the bed in the middle of the dance floor...

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger