$500 in 5 days in Honor of Maddie

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Below is an email that I sent out to everyone in my address book in my effort to raise $500 in 5 days in honor of Maddie. I have never raised money before, for anything. Yes, I've brought in the kids school fundraiser packets to work but that's different. This is different. I wish I could have been in LA on Saturday to March for Maddie. The pictures brought tears to my eyes...

I've decided to challenge myself, step completely OUT Of my comfort zone and ask for money. Money to support the March of Dimes. Money for research and education. Money to provide information and support for families with babies in intensive care.

Ok, here is the email...yes, it's a bit redundant...

*******************************************************

On April 7, Heather and Mike Spohr lost their precious 17 month old baby girl Madeline. I didn't know the Spohr family personally but I've have been deeply touched and saddened all at the same time. I don't know if it's the pictures of Maddie with her blond curly hair and big bright eyes. Or reading Heather's blog and looking at her pictures of daily life with her daughter. Or just being a mother and feeling on some level the heartbreak they are feeling with the loss of their only child. I take for granted the fact that I had two healthy children and the loss of Maddie has made me realize how very grateful I should be every day.

So many babies are born premature and struggle to survive. Many with life long health issues. The March of Dimes is an amazing organization that assists family with premature babies as well as education & research to ensure all babies have a healthy start in life.

I'm walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies, this Sunday in Baltimore. I've challenged myself to raise $500 in just 5 days in honor of Maddie.

Please join me, in remembering Maddie and supporting The March of Dimes! Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy and secure. You can donate directly from my personal web page with a credit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my web page.

My personal Web page address for donations is....

http://www.marchforbabies.org/chantelligence (or click the banner below)


To learn about the amazing life of Maddie please visit the following sites:

www.marchformaddie.com

www.remembermaddie.com


To see how my family has already honored the life of Maddie please visit my Blog:

www.chantelligence.com








chantelligence.com

Comments

2 Responses to “$500 in 5 days in Honor of Maddie”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

looking forward to meeting you at the walk! so glad you are joining us!

I'm so proud of you for keeping up with Maddie and supporting the family. I will get the word out and wish you the best on Sunday. Such a sweetheart.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger